Sunday 16 December 2012

Festive fun

Wow blog fans it has been a very fast month that has gone by since my last blog!

For that reason I'm going to keep it simple with lots of photos and captions.

Before I do that though I have to update you on my new skills. In the last couple of weeks I have learnt to stand up all on my own, I have learnt that trying to take a step (however small) delights mummy and daddy, and yet when I tried to show how clever I am at holding a spoon and eating yogurt they seem less impressed... I have learnt how to clap my hands and I have learnt how to smile at people when they smile at me rather than just staring them out. I am talking very well now with every sound under the sun but frustratingly mummy and daddy can't seem to understand what I'm saying. Although now my vocabularly is quite extensive - I have mama, dada, ne ne ne (no, get off me), wa wa (quack quack), moo (cow), t t t (pretty christmas tree, must not touch but soooo tempting). I can point to my nappy when mummy asks me where it is. I can throw a ball like a pro now and also try to say 'throw it' while I do it. I reject any food I'm not keen on now by throwing it far far away from my high chair (or failing that stuffing it down between my legs).

Today has been another day of firsts. We visited my first Panto and much to mummy and daddy's surprise, I loved it and sat beautifully. I even danced to the music! Before that in prparation I had my very first haircut. Mummy said my fringe was getting in my eyes but daddy was reluctant because he thought it looked cute in a side sweep. Eventually common sense (i.e. Mummy) prevailed and we went to the Barber in Backworth called Mark. Mummy held me in her arms and Mark did a bit of tidying up while daddy feverishly caught hair and put it in my memory bag for my memories box. I found it all a bit weird but it seemed to make the parents happy!

Me and my mates at Jittabugs

A weekend away with Auntie Colette and Uncle Simon at Ribby hall, Preston

Me and my ball, on my 11 month birthday

The Titantic museum in Belfast

Exploring 'art' in Belfast where I stayed with Niall and Claire, who totally spoiled me and let me run riot on their fireplace/sofa/kitchen floor

Heavenly Holly and her Grandma Janet at Busy Bees

Me and Holly learning to share (nosebleed caused by falling off bed the day before. Don't ask)

The lovely Lois and her Grandma Barbara also at Busy bees

Posting my letter to Santa with mummy in Narnia

My first glimpse of snow. I smiled when I touched it! We watched it fall for 15 minutes.

Daddy's birthday and helping him unwrap

New haircut, sporting my new Christmas jumper on the way to my first Panto. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment